Hi, everyone! I’m a new author on this website. I would assume you know I’m a vegetarian by now. I actually started a vegetarian diet a few months ago and I’ve been feeling more energized and healthy. Not kidding! Here’s why:
- A vegetarian diet is richer in minerals and vitamins.
- A lot of fiber; helps with proper digestion.
- Vegetarians foods contain less high fats and cholesterol, preventing heart disease and osteoporosis.
You can choose which vegetarian diet you want to try:
- Vegan – do not use any animal or by-products. No meat, fish, eggs, dairy, honey, or beeswax.
- Lacto-Vegetarian – do not consume meat, fish, or eggs. However, they do consume dairy products like milk, cheese, and yogurt.
- Ovo-Vegetarian – do not consume meat, fish, or dairy. However, they do consume egg products.
- Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian – do not consume meat or fish. They are allowed to consume dairy and egg products. This is also the most common type of vegetarian.
- Pollotarian – do not consume meat, fish, or seafood.
- Pescatarian – restrict their meat diet down to fish and seafood.
- Flexitarian – mainly a plant-based diet with the occasional meat in it.
I am personally an Ovo-Vegetarian, choosing to keep the eggs in my diet for protein. I hope after reading this post, that I have at least made you consider a vegetarian diet. Thanks for reading!